Iowa House Representative Making A Difference
GOP BROKEN PROMISES; IOWA HEADED IN WRONG DIRECTION
• Instead of listening and working to improve life for everyday Iowans, Republicans stacked the deck against them.
• Instead of raising family incomes like they promised, Republicans lowered wages for 65,000 Iowans.
• Instead of making sure every kid gets a great education, they shortchanged public schools again this year with the third lowest increase in history then blamed teachers for the state’s budget problems.
• Instead of keeping health care affordable, Republicans cut a woman’s access to health care for cancer screenings, STD test, and birth control. They also passed a 20 week abortion ban without exceptions for rape, incest, or even health of the mother.
• Instead of keeping higher education and job training affordable to build our skilled workforce, Republicans raised tuition on students attending our state universities and community colleges.
• Instead of working together with dedicated public servants like firefighters, police officers, and teachers, Republicans took away their rights and their voice in the workplace.
• Instead of making it easier for Iowans to vote, Republicans created more hurdles and less time for Iowans to cast their vote.